Updated Statement Regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)
July 2, 2020
• For increased cleaning and for the safety and health of our employees, we will be CLOSED MONDAYS FOR THE MONTH OF JULY. We will reevaluate and make a decision for August at a later date.
• We have created detailed, rotating cleaning schedules and checklists for each ride, snack bar building, and restroom. This includes (but certainly not limited to) all ride vehicles, queue areas, buildings, measuring sticks, photo-ops, surfaces, benches, and tables. CDC approved cleaners and sanitizers will be used.
• Installed many hand sanitizing stations throughout the park, and there is a hand wash station located near the School House.
• Installed markers indicating six feet distance in all queue areas.
• Wristbands will be used for park re-entry in place of hand stamps.
• Installed plexiglass barriers at all point-of-sale counters.
• Per the governor's mandate, we will be operating at 50% capacity.
• July 3rd will be operarating on a first come, first serve basis.
• Starting July 4th, Reservations are to be made online and they are strongly suggested to guarantee entry.
• If you do not make a reservation, you may have to wait in a stand-by line until space opens if we are at capacity at that time.
• Season Pass holders and anyone with a pre-purchased tickets are not guaranteed entry if reservations aren't made ahead of time. Pre-purchased tickets are NOT refundable, are not date-specific, and do not expire.
• Per Governor Murphy's announcement on 7/1/20: cloth face coverings are required for guests “at all times except when doing so would inhibit an individual's health and safety, the individual is under two years of age, or when eating or drinking when seated.” If at any time you are asked to wear a mask by an employee, please do so out of respect for other guests and employees, and we reserve the right to deny entry or services to anyone who does not follow instructions by staff.
• Employees will wear masks at all times.
• Reuseable, washable masks are available for purchase in the Castle Gift Shop, in adult and children's sizes.
• Be aware that some rides may be temporarily unavailable or limited while routine sanitizing is carried out. Rockin' Tug is closed for routine maintenance.
• Rides will operate at 50% capacity, and sanitizing will occur after each ride cycle. Please remain patient.
• Ride Operators will not seat groups who do not live in the same household together.
Food & Beverage
• Snack bars will be take-out only, with outdoor seating provided. Per the governon's orders, indoor dining is not permitted at this time.
• The Gingerbread House will be temporarily opening at 3:00pm, serving ice cream, drinks and snacks only.
• The Caboose Cafe is temporarily closed. The Watering Can will be open for popcorn and water ice.
Events & Birthday Parties
• All summer events have been cancelled. This includes Storybook Land's Birthday Celebration, Pirate Adventure Day, and Princess Tea Party. The 50's Day Car Show has been postponed to September 13.
• To avoid close guest interaction for our party hosts, we will not be booking any birthday party reservations for the summer. We will reevaluate after Labor Day for possible bookings in September and October.
Important Notice to Our Guests
We'd like to remind our guests that exposure to COVID-19 or any contagious, infectious disease is a risk in any public location. In response to ongoing health concerns, Storybook Land has taken enhanced health ahd safety measures in an effort to mitigate the risk of exposure to COVID-19 an protect our guests and employees. Please carefully review and follow all posted instructions before you plan your trip and while spending time at our facility.
Despite these measures, you should be aware that there is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 and other contagious, infectious disease in any public place where people are present. As a result, we cannot guarantee that you will not become infected or exposed to COVID-19 or any other infectious, contagious disease while here at Storybook Land. By choosing to visit our facility, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 or any other infectious or contagius disease.
The CDC advises that susceptible adults and children, such as anyone with serious underlying medical conditions or anyone over the age of 65, may be at a higher risk for contracting coronavirus. People who show no symptoms can still spread coronavirus if they are infected.
Please evaluate your own risk before planning to visit.
May 1, 2020
As we move into May still without an opening date, we wanted to provide you with updates regarding our “new normal” once we are permitted to open, as well as updates to Season Pass policies. Please note that, due to the ongoing situation and uncertainty we are facing, all policies, operating schedule, and procedures are subject to change.
We are currently working on updating our cleaning and sanitation procedures. Some cleaning and sanitation may cause some delays in ride operation. Please know that these measures are in place to protect you and our employees. We are developing detailed cleaning schedules for all facilities, including our storybook exhibits with push-buttons. We are installing plexiglass barriers in our gift shop and snack bars, and are encouraging cashless transactions in all locations. We are also encouraging purchasing tickets online, if possible. Ticket sellers are asked to not touch any paper tickets, Season Pass cards, or mobile phones containing barcodes. Please simply show your ticket or pass and allow us to scan them without touching your ticket or pass.
Additional hand sanitizer stations will be installed throughout the park. We are also working on ways to implement and encourage social distancing, manage capacity, and employees will be specifically trained in all new procedures. These new measures are currently in development, and we will continue to communicate any updates or changes made to our policies as they come.
We are asking for everyone’s cooperation, patience, and compliance with any recommendations or mandates set forth by our state and local governments. You, the guest, will too play an important role in maintaining a safe and healthy environment for everyone. As they say, we’re all in this together.
Season Pass Holders
Because there is no anticipated opening date, and at this time no time frame provided from the government, we are adjusting our previously announced season pass policies.
New 2020 Season Pass sales are suspended, effective today (5/1/2020). We will begin selling season passes again at a discounted rate once we have clearance to open. Those pass holders will expire on 12/30/2020.
Any season passes purchased between 11/29/2019 and 4/30/2020 will be extended through our 2020 opening date. For example, if we open on 6/1/2020, these passes will expire on 6/1/2021. Those pass holders will be able to extend their passes through 12/30/2021 for a discounted rate.
As previously announced, ALL pass holders will be given two (2) complimentary tickets to bring a friend for the 2020 season (see previous statement regarding details on those tickets) and 20% off all snack bar and gift shop purchases made in the park.
April 20, 2020
We wanted to take this opportunity to provide an update regarding our 2020 season. At this time, we cannot definitively announce an anticipated opening date, due to government mandates and social distancing regulations.
Prior to and during park operation, will be taking extra measures to ensure the cleanliness of our facilities and rides. We will be training all employees in these measures when we hold our annual employee orientation and safety day (that date is still to be determined).
Scheduled class trips and group outings
We realize many of you have had to cancel your group trips, and that all NJ schools are now officially closed until May 15, and PA schools are closed for the year. Any group trips that are canceled will have their deposits refunded. We are also allowing any group trips (that have not yet canceled) who were scheduled for a day between May 1 and June 12 to reschedule their trip to any weekday between June 12 and June 30. We can also accommodate you on select days in October. Please call (609) 646-0103 ext. 5 and leave a message or e-mail us at email@example.com if you wish to cancel or reschedule.
Season Pass Holders
We are sorry that you are missing out on some time due to our mandated closure. In order to make up for the lost time, we are offering any 2020 Season Pass Holder the following (for the 2020 season only):
• A higher discount on in-park food and gift shop purchases and birthday parties, from 10% off to 20% off.
• Each Season Pass holder, adults and children, will each receive two (2) complimentary tickets to bring a friend or family member, to be used any day until your pass expires, which is 12/30/2020.
These complimentary tickets may be used one time, and passholders must be present in order to use any complimentary ticket attached to your pass at the door, or you may acquire your tickets at Guest Services to be used by friends or family at a later date without you, the passholder, present. The tickets will be automatically loaded onto each individual Pass Holder’s account and deducted as they are used. If at some point you wish to see how many complimentary tickets you have left, you may call or visit Guest Services to check on your tickets. These tickets cannot be transferred to another Pass Holder or used after 2020. They cannot be reactivated once they are used and cannot be replaced if lost. Your Season Pass ID card MUST be activated before you are able to have access to the complimentary tickets.
First Responders and Medical Workers
In order to show our thanks and appreciation, we are offering a discount at the gate for all first responders (Police, Fire, and EMS) and all medical workers. All must have proper identification, and the discount will apply to everyone in your party.
Employment Storybook Land will be hiring for 2020! Applicants must be at least 16 years of age. A full description of requirements, positions, and our application can be found at www.storybookland.com/employment.html. Details on when we will be accepting applications and how to submit your application will be announced later.
Thank you all for your patience, stay well, stay inside, support locally owned restaurants and businesses, BE KIND, hug your kids, and we will hopefully see you soon!